Today my 15-year-old will get his temporary driver's permit. While it's satisfying to see every accomplishment, it's difficult to know where the time has gone. Those round cheeks have lengthened and his tiny voice has deepened. He's long been taller than I am. I feel like if I turn around I'll find myself at his graduation.
I'll try to remember this feeling when he's driving me crazy and I find myself wishing for adolescence to come to an end. Every stage has its beauty . . . when looked at through nostalgic hindsight.
Hi Julie,
ReplyDeleteYour post really made me tear up. My youngest child is 12 years old, and I too, think where has the time gone? I love the stage he is in now, but it saddens me to think about driving and graduation are just a few short years away. With that said, it's time for me to shut down my computer and go outside to play catch with him. Thanks for the reality check. I hope your son can drive you to the ice stand on this beautiful evening:)
My youngest is 14 and my oldest is 21. When we moved to Wisconsin they were 3 and 11. I can't believe how fast the time has past. The door to empty nester is opening and it saddens me....
ReplyDelete